Emergency Vet in Clifton Park, NY
We always offer animal emergency care in Clifton Park during our regular business hours to pets in need; they are always our highest priority. For after-hours emergencies, we have a doctor on call at (518) 383-6254 who will respond to your message in as timely a manner as possible to offer recommendations.
For extremely urgent after-hours emergencies, we ask that you contact the Capital District Veterinary Referral Hospital at (518) 785-1094, or Upstate Veterinary Specialties at (518) 783-3198. See their addresses and directions below.
Signs Your Pet is Having an Emergency
Pet emergencies do not always appear as obvious as you might expect. Below are a number of signs and symptoms to watch out for—recognizing them could save your pet’s life.
- Difficulty breathing
- Pale or white gums
- A rapid or irregular heartbeat
- Vomiting/diarrhea more than 24 hours
- Blood in vomit/stool/urine
- Disoriented, not walking properly, head tilted to the side
- Sitting/standing with head against the wall
- Foaming at the mouth
- Bleeding from nose/mouth
- Bite wounds
- Ate grapes, raisins, chocolate, anything containing xylitol, rat poison, other pesticides
- Weakness, lethargy
- Swelling of the face and/or other areas (could indicate allergic reaction)