The scholarship program at Cornerstone Veterinary Hospital is a unique and extraordinary opportunity for team members looking to expand their knowledge and experience within the field of veterinary medicine and pursue careers as Veterinary Technicians.
Bri, LVT Team Leader
What You'll Get Out of the LVT Scholarship Program
Grow professionally and take your career to greater heights! Our LVT scholarship program gives Cornerstone team members the opportunity to earn an associate's degree in veterinary technology, take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE), and become a successful Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) in the state of New York.
What you will be able to do once you complete the LVT program:
- Receive $100 annually to use toward obtaining the 24 hours of RACE-approved CE that is required every 3 years to maintain NYS licensure
- Have your triennial NYS license renewal fee paid for by CVHCP
- Participate in facility management using traditional and electronic media and appropriate medical terminology and abbreviations
- Uphold applicable laws and the veterinary technology profession’s ethical codes to provide high quality care to patients
- Safely and effectively administer prescribed drugs to patients
- Demonstrate and perform patient assessment techniques in a variety of animal species
- Understand and demonstrate husbandry, nutrition, therapeutic, and dentistry techniques appropriate to various animal species
- Safely and effectively manage and maintain patients in all phases of anesthesia
- Understand and integrate all aspects of patient management for common surgical procedures in a variety of animal species
- Understand and provide the appropriate instruments, supplies, and environment to maintain asepsis during surgical procedures
- Properly carry out analysis of laboratory specimens
- Understand the approach to providing safe and effective care for birds, reptiles, amphibians, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, and ferrets
All CVH team members interested in applying for our LVT Penn Foster Scholarship Program must meet Penn Foster's admission requirements.
Some of these requirements include:
- Being employed at CVH full time for the last continuous 12-month period
- Not being on any disciplinary action by CHV in the last continuous 6-month period
- Must be age 17 and up
- High school diploma or GED; students must successfully complete and pass both parts of the online Skills Assessment Tests
- Have access to high-speed internet
- Have access to a Microsoft Windows-based computer running Windows 10 or later, or an Apple Mac computer running macOS Sierra Version 11.2 or later
- Have access to Microsoft Office 2019 or Microsoft 365
- Have an email account to complete the Penn Foster program
Education Assistance Repayment Agreement
Click the link below to view our Education Assistance Repayment Agreement. Please read through the document carefully, then print it out and complete it.