Cat and Dog Grooming in Clifton Park, NY
Does your pet carry a bit of an odor? Is their coat a little overgrown and tangled? Could their nails use a trim? Dog grooming services are so much more than an aesthetic service for show dogs! Regular grooming helps to keep your pet’s coat and skin healthy and contributes to a greater sense of well-being. Breeds with continuously growing hair especially benefit from a professional pet groomer, but all breeds, both dogs and cats, with benefit substantially from routine grooming.
Help your pet look and feel their best!
Schedule a grooming appointment!
Grooming Services We Offer
Whether your pet needs a basic bath, nail trim, or complete blowout and haircut, our groomer can make it happen. Their services include:
- Bathing and blow-dry
- Medicinal baths to treat skin conditions
- Brush outs
- Full haircut/breed standard cut
- Hair trim
- Full shave
- Nail trim
- Anal gland expression
- Ear cleaning/plucking
We use low-stress handling and positive reinforcement to help every pet feel comfortable on the grooming table. However, some pets can still be anxious and fearful. While we will do our best to perform all services requested, we will not force your pet to undergo any procedure they are uncomfortable with. If necessary, we do offer sedation grooming as well as anti-anxiety medications we can prescribe your pet for their next appointment. Please talk to your veterinarian about these options, or give us a call at (518) 383-6254.
The Health Benefits of Grooming Your Pet
Dogs and cats alike can enjoy enhanced health and comfort when they are groomed regularly. Routine grooming can prevent:
- Painful fur mats that pull at the skin and accumulate more hair, dirt, and bacteria
- The buildup of loose hair, dead skin cells, dirt, oil, and parasites
- Ear mites and mange
- Overgrown toenails (can affect posture, gait, and overall alignment of the body over time)
- Ear infections
- Anal gland problems
To schedule a grooming appointment for your pet, they need to be current with the following vaccinations and tests:
- Feline distemper (FVRCP)
- Negative fecal exam within last 6 months
- Distemper/parvo combo (DHPP)
- Canine influenza
- Negative heartworm/tick screening within the last year
- Negative fecal exam within the last 6 months